Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yellowstone

This past week LJ and I traveled to Yellowstone National Park for four days. We stayed in three different campgrounds throughout the week and saw the entire park. It was awesome! I love the wonders that nature has to offer. We saw tons of animals: buffalo, deer, elk, pelicans, osprey, bald eagle, coyote, moose, black bear, wolves, and even a grizzly bear!!! We saw so many things that the park rangers told us were rare things to see. One night we sat in Hayden Valley and watched two wolves stalk two different herd of elk until they finally attacked and killed a calf elk! It was the best and worst of nature. The park rangers said that event has only been seen a handful of times. I loved the park and all it has to offer. Everyone should go- we hiked trails, drove every turn out, watched geyers and mud pots, and all of the wonderful things there. It was awesome!
Me and the massive canyon
Lower Falls

Upper Falls
Old Faithful
We walked through a herd of buffalo. It was one of the scariest things ever in my life.







There is a brown dot beween the two trees in the middle of the back of the picture, that is a grizzly bear- he was 300 yards away and could be seen with binoculars!





We saw a mom black bear and her two baby cubs


A moose!
Black bear




2 comments:

McCarrey said...

Wow! You really did get some great pics! :) I'm glad you had an awesome time! Should we book next summer? :) he he

Tim and Terrie (tnt) said...

Wow!! I worked one summer in Yellowstone and my parents worked a lot of summers there, and I never saw a bear and they only saw one once!! Look at all you saw!! How fun!!! Looks like you are having a great summer ;o)

And I have walked through a buffalo herd and you are right it is pretty scary...